*** CALLING ALL LOCAL ARTISTS ***
Are you an artist or know an artist who lives in the Basildon, Billericay or Wickford area. If so, why not join the A127 Trail (formerly the Basildon District Art Trail)? During the 2010 art trail, 35 local artists exhibited at 30 venues in the area. The 2011 A127 Trail is already looking to be even bigger and better.
So, what are the benefits of being an artist on the art trail?
* Your artwork will be exhibited at your selected venue from 9th Sept -18th Sept. However some venues, which participated in the 2010 trail, have gone on to continue supporting their artist outside the trail.
* Your details, along with an example of your artwork, will be added to the A127 Trails website. Our website had over 22000 hits during September, the month of the arts trail. Interest did not stop there, through October there were more than 14000 hits and November still saw over 13000 hits.
* Your details, along with an example of your artwork, will also be added to our brochure. Last year, our 24 page glossy brochure had a circulation of over 5,000 copies.
* You will be invited to attend other events the A127 Trail will be hosting throughout the year.
* On top of this, you will have the opportunity to network with other artists in the area. Frequently in the media, the Basildon area is portrayed in a negative light. The district is often referred to as a cultural wasteland, devoid of talent and cultural awareness. The 2010 Art trail showed this was not the case. In 2010 we had a very friendly group of artists who took part and were always keen to help others.
* The trail also has a strong support by local businesses and organisations. The A127 Trail is also part of the county-wide, Essex Summer Of Arts.
We hope the A127 Trail will help raise awareness of the artistic talent within the area, along with public art that can be found in and around the area. If you are interested in taking part or know someone who may be, please visit www.a127trail.com to download an application form. If you have any other questions please contact Dean Smith on 01268 522973.
Closing dates for application forms is 31st January 2011.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
The A127 Committee.