Wednesday 29 June 2011

Artist Spotlight - Carl Brind



What initially got you into art? 
Both my mum and uncle encouraged me to be creative, when I was young. There would always be pads of paper and pencils around the house. I would sit watching people like Rolf Harris and Tony Hart on the TV. 


Have you studied art (school, college, evening course, uni, self taught)?
I attended Basildon College as a mature student, to study A levels in Art, Photography and Media. I continued at Basildon College and studied Btec Art and Design. After completing the course i went onto study Graphic Fine Art at  UEL (University of East London- Docklands Campus). After there, I studied Graphic Design at Barking.


How would you describe your artwork?
I produce a variety of artwork. My pop art paintings can be made up of using just two colours. However I have started to include 'layers' to my pop art paintings. My paintings are mainly produced using acrylic paints on canvas, although I have started to use spray paint.
I also produce graphic illustrations. I start with illustrations produced by hand. I then fuse together photography and typography on computer.


Who is your favourite artist/artists?
I have a wide range of artists who inspire me. I enjoy artwork by people such as Rolf Harris, Litchenstein, Warhol, Lowry, Banksy, Mr Brainwash, Matt Busch....  


What artists have influenced your work?
See above

Have you exhibited your artwork/ Where can people view your artwork?
I have exhibited my artwork a few times at Basildon Library. In the summer of 2010, my artwork was on display at Basfest. In September 2010, as part of the Basildon District Art trail, I had a selection of artwork on display within the Eastgate Shopping Centre in Basildon. In August 2011, one of my paintings will be displayed within the Casbah Club (the original home of the Beatles) in Liverpool. In September I will have a selection of paintings and prints on display in Brown Sugar/ Slipped Disc in Billericay, Essex. You can also visit my website at www.carlbrind.com


What venue was your artwork shown at during the 2010 art trail?
Eastgate Shopping Centre


Do you have any exhibitions planned for the future?
I will once again be part of the A127 Trail and will be exhibiting in Brown Sugar/ Slipped Discs in Billericay.

Do you have a website, where people can view your artwork?

Any advice for people looking to get into art?
You are never too old. 
Dont be afraid of making mistakes
There are no right or wrong ways of doing things in art.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment